College of Liberal Arts & Sciences


Greenlee students are assigned an academic adviser until they earn a C+ or better in JL MC 201, Introduction to Reporting and Writing for Mass Media. Once you successfully pass this course, you will be matched with a faculty adviser based on your academic interests and career goals.

Academic Advising:

You will be assigned an academic adviser based on the first letter of your last name.

  • Last names starting with A–I: Jessica Hansen
  • Last names starting with J–R: Kelsie Poe
  • Last names starting with S–Z: Juli Probasco-Sowers
  • Appointments with academic advisers must be made in 101 Hamilton Hall or by phone, at 515-294-4342.

Faculty Advising:

You will be assigned a faculty adviser after passing JL MC 201, Introduction to Reporting and Writing for Mass Media, with a C+ or better. Faculty advisers use their industry expertise to advise students individually throughout their time as Greenlee students and assist them in securing internships and jobs. Once you receive a passing grade for JL MC 201 you should be contacted about being assigned to a faculty adviser.

Click here to view a full list of Greenlee faculty members.

Contact Us:

101 Hamilton Hall 
Ames, IA, 50011-1180
Phone: 515-294-4342
Fax: 515-294-5108

Academic Resources:

Advising Forms

Greenlee School Degree Planning Forms

Greenlee School Web Sign In

Registration Links

Approved Course Lists

Iowa State University Student Services